- 200g firm tofu, drained, cut into cubes
- 120g soba noodles
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 small red capsicum
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- handful of coriander coarsely chopped
- 2-3 spring onions sliced
- toasted sesame seeds, as needed to garnish
- 2 Tbsp Tamari (Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
Balsamic Ginger Dressing:
- 2 tsp minced ginger (plus 1 tsp extra)
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha hot sauce *more if desired
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Tamari (Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
- Cut tofu into cubes and place in a bowl. Coat tofu with 1/3 cup marinade. Cover and marinade in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare remaining ingredients.
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Drain, run under cold water and set aside.
- Use a julienne peeler to slice carrot capsicum and zucchini. Alternatively use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons, or simply use a knife. Set aside.
- To make sauce: combine all ingredients and stir
- In a medium sautee pan, heat up about 2 tsp olive oil. Add 1 tsp minced garlic. Cook for about 15-30 seconds until fragrant. Add marinated tofu and cook until tofu is heated throughout. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine soba noodles, carrots, zucchini, edamame, and tofu. Pour dressing over and gently toss together. Serve with toasted sesame seeds, coriander and spring onions.